Holly Days Home Tour
Sunday, December 15th
Homes Open: noon – 4:00
Summer 2013 Historical Home Tour Very Successful!
To all our Volunteers, Homeowners, and especially to our Visitors,
To everyone who helped make this Historic Home Tour a great success:
On August 4, 2013, the Sandwich 375 Committee hosted a Historical Home Tour. The private homes were located on Water Street, Grove Street, Main Street, State Street and Dewey Avenue. It was a huge success thanks to the support of the many who came and the many who gave!
We sold 225 tickets to folks from as far away as Arizona, internationally from Canada, many other states, and even some who lived next door to a tour home. Thank you very much to all who came! From the comments we heard, everyone was thrilled and the praises were non-stop!
These attendees saw ten private historical homes – each one beautiful and unique, receiving praises from all! The Sandwich 375 Committee sends their heartfelt thanks to these wonderful homeowners who graciously opened their homes for the tour to help raise funds for the 375th celebratory events in 2014. Without their willingness to open their homes, the tour would not have been as successful as it was. We owe them a great deal of gratitude!
But behind every successful event are those that give of their time to make the event even more special! Hence, we give special thanks to the following:
- The Sandwich Garden Club, which made beautiful flower arrangements for each home.
- Bouse House, who made our guests just a little more comfortable.
- This newspaper for its support of the event providing its readership with information about the tour.
- Sandwich Cable TV for showing the tour video and sending it all over the Cape and South Shore to help spread the word.
Last, but hardly least, we would like to thank the following folks for making the tour happen with such class!
- Lisa Hassler, the remarkable Tour Chair who devoted countless hours seeing to every detail.
- Janet Gosselin, her right hand lady, helping wherever she was needed.
- The 26 Docents who helped check tickets and provide interesting tidbits about the house.
- Bill Diedering and Don Bayley who produced the awesome video to promote the tour.
Cynthia M. Russell
Sandwich 375 Committee